FLO Setup Guide
The FLO Core Desktop Wallet is an app that stores FLO and serves as a node for the FLO Blockchain network.(*) It acts as a keychain and facilitates sending and receiving FLO. Ownership of the private key and the related FLO balance remains with the user.
(*) To be technically accurate, FLO is not stored anywhere; there is a private key (secret number) for every FLO address that is saved in the FLO Desktop Wallet.
Download and Install
The latest version of the software can be downloaded from http://flo.cash/. As of v0.10.4.6, it is available for both Windows and macOS.
1. Download the Windows installer `florincoin-0.10.4.6-qt-win64.zip`.
2. Double click the installer and follow the instructions. This will install and automatically start up FLO to download the FLO blockchain and set up your wallet.
3. The installer adds a shortcut to FLO on your desktop for next time you want to use it.
1. Download the `florincoin-0.10.4.6-osx.dmg` file.
2. Double click the `florincoin-0.10.4.6-osx.dmg` file once downloaded to mount the disk image.
3. Drag the Florincoin-Qt.app into the link to your Applications folder within the disk image.
Q. Where does FLO store data/write log files?
A. FLO stores the blockchain, your wallet, log files and its own configuration files all in a single directory. A different directory is used depending on the operating system: Windows -- C:\Users\<your-username>\AppData\Roaming\Florincoin macOS -- /Library/Application Support/Florincoin